The mission of Team HOPE is to assist families with missing, exploited and recovered children by offering peer support including empowerment, emotional support and coping skills from a trained volunteer who has had or still has a missing or exploited child. We enhance the already-proven skills of our volunteers and provide them with the tools they need to assist families with missing, recovered and exploited children.
Team HOPE trained volunteers are required to be:
- Helpful to families in crisis with a missing child handle the day-to-day issues of coping and searching for their child.
- Helpful in providing peer support, emotional support, compassion, coping tools, empowerment and resources to families with missing, recovered and exploited children.
- Helpful in instilling courage, determination, and hope in parents and other family members.
- Helpful in alleviating the isolation so often resulting from fear and frustration.
- Honest and trustworthy.
- Fair and not discriminatory.
- Respectful of others’ privacy.